Saturday 22 November 2014

Burdon Moor & Tanfield

A couple of hours spent at Burdon Moor this afternoon. It was quiet except for a couple of Kestrel. One was feeding, sitting on a fence post ripping something apart but it was too far away to get anything but a record shot. It took off and landed in a tree but it was soon off hunting again.

These Mallard ducks looked quite nice in the late afternoon sun, it helps that they are flying against a grey cloud. On the way back to the car I spotted these three Roe Deer, the sun had gone down and they were some distance off but I thought a picture was worth a try.

As I got home, I noticed something sitting in a tree in our neighbour’s garden. As I got out of the car I realised it was a Sparrowhawk (I wondered what had being keeping the small birds from our garden). It flew off so I followed it. It had landed on a hedge where a number of Sparrows had been, it didn’t catch any so flew onto a roof opposite to try and spot anything else worth catching.


Kestrel




Mallard

Roe Deer

Sparrowhawk




No comments:

Post a Comment