Sunday 13 September 2015

Kibblesworth

Last Friday was probably my last Dragonfly hunting trip to Kibblesworth (and probably my last anywhere) of the year. Plenty of Common Darter around and at least three Migrant Hawker. A few Common Blue Damselfly were flying and I got what I think is a Ruddy Darter, I had high hopes of finding Black Darter but alas none were found. I only saw one Butterfly on the wing while I was there a Common Blue. Still not a bad afternoon.

Migrant Hawker





Ruddy Darter?

Common Darter (M)

Common Darter (M)

Mature Common Darter (F)

Common Blue Damselfly

Common Blue Butterfly

 

2 comments:

  1. Some good spots Ron, defo a Ruddy, and very unusual to see a Common blue damsel this late in the year. Your common darter (f) is an immature (m) though (sorry, had to catch you out on one) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Alan I’m pleased there is someone out there to keep me right. I have said it before and I will say it again I’m hopeless at identification but I will try and get better.

    ReplyDelete