Monday 5 October 2015

2nd October

A few shots from the 2nd October from Far Pastures and Burdon Moor (in the order I took them)

Snipe

Kingfisher

Heron

Kingfisher

Grey Wagtail

Water Rail

Water Rail

Roe Deer

Goldfinch

Meadow Pipit

I saw a glint of something shiny out of the corner of my eye and wondered what it was. It was the sun catching the wings of this Black Darter the first I have seen at Burdon Moor. This is, as you can see only a record shot, it was taken with a 500mm lens from about 40 yards away (and is a 90% crop) as I could not get any closer and did not have another lens with me anyway.

Kestrel


 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Ron, love the kingfisher in dappled shade, and well done on finding the black darter, at this rate I think you'll be getting the 2015 dragonhunter trophy ;-)

    ReplyDelete