Friday 5 February 2016

Northumberland 03.02.16

I went to try to see the long staying Arctic Redpoll at Birling the other day. I thought I was off to a good start because whilst walking to the spot where it had been seen I met a bloke who showed me some cracking shots he had just taken of it sitting on a fence post. I thought “get in” all I have to do is walk to the spot and it’s in the bag. It didn’t come near (at least not near enough to get any shots). I did at least see it through a scope so that’s something. Off to Druridge Pools where I got a lifer in the form of Water Pipit which showed briefly at the Budge screen.


Redpoll

Yellowhammer

Curlew

Curlew looking up

Oystercatcher

Water Pipit

Pintail


Pink Feet (if you look closely you may be able to spot a couple of Barnacle Geese in amongst this lot)

Pink Feet

Little Grebe


Canada Geese

Stonechat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment