Saturday 7 May 2016

Burdon Moor part 1


Over the last few mornings, I have paid a visit to Burdon Moor for an hour or two before work. What a great way to start the day. Here are a few shots taken on the 3rd and 4th
I also heard my first Cuckoo of the year from Burdon Moor on the 3rd.




Linnet

A very distant Wheatear

Meadow Pipit

Sleepy Brown Hare

Brown Hare

Singing Willow Warbler

SEO

Whitethroat

Kestrel with breakfast

Willow Warbler

Displaying Whitethroat

Displaying Whitethroat

Another distant Wheatear

Whinchat

Swallow

The only one not taken at Burdon Moor, a (rubbish grab) shot of my first Damselfly of the year taken at work on the 4th.



 

2 comments:

  1. Nice set of shots Ron. Damsel is the first recorded this year in Durham to my knowledge, certainly none yet in the valley :-( I'll tweet it if you don't mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alan and I don't mind the tweet.

    ReplyDelete