Sunday 29 October 2017

Shadows, Leaves, Twigs…

…and even grass conspired to get in the way at Clara Vale on Friday.


This Sparrowhawk tried twice to catch a Magpie that was feeding in front of the hide and twice it failed.

It then tried its luck with a Woodpigeon and again failed



Kingfisher

Same bird but this time in shadow

This time with a fish in dappled light

I managed one shot when it was hovering but it’s hovering with its back to the camera

I don’t think I have ever seen this type of behaviour from Moorhen.

There seems to be some mutual grooming going on

Then they looked into each other’s eyes

Heron coming into land on the pond


Catching fish

There were a few Pheasants around. I just love the colours of these birds

Not sharp but I like the shape of the bird in flight

Jay hidden behind a twig

A young Woodpigeon trying to get food from one of the adult birds


Long-tailed Tit just hanging around
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely images Ron. I think the Sparrowhawk ones are actually helped by the foliage, especially the 2nd and 4th images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Frank I think you’re right the shadows do seem to add something to those shots.

    ReplyDelete