Sunday 1 April 2018

Three different locations

Burdon Moor, Thornley Woods and the banks of the Tyne at Gateshead. I have been to Burdon Moor a couple of times over the last few days on the look out for Wheatear but have found none so far. The hope of seeing the Fox keeps me returning to Thornley Woods but again no luck. However, a walk along the Tyne from Dunstan Staiths to the Baltic did produce the goods as I was hoping to see the returning Kittiwakes and did. A flyby Peregrine was an added bonus as after talking to a couple of birders who had not seen it in its usual spot I thought my luck was out.

Long-tailed Tit


I almost stepped on this Newt. I did not have the macro lens with me so took it with the 500mm + 1.4x

It walked of into the grass out of the way of people

Stonechat



Nuthatch

I just like the almost silhouette of this Blue Tit

Stock Dove but I can dream of Owls can’t I

Kittiwake under the Tyne Bridge


On the Baltic

Taken with my Iphone

Grab shot of a flyby Peregrine

I love the colours on this diving Cormorant
 

No comments:

Post a Comment