Monday 9 March 2020

Why

I went to a well-known spot for Red Squirrels the other day just to see if any were around. When I arrived two people were already there, I asked if they had seen any Reds and was told I had just scared one off and if I wanted to see them they were apparently well away from where I was (in other words this is our spot go away). I moved away a short distance and just waited for the Squirrel to come back. This is where the Why comes in. Why do people still feed the Squirrels when there are notices up telling the not to? Why when they do feed them do they not smash the nuts up? Why do they make little sets up when all around are tree stumps and logs? The last question is why am I a hypocrite and stay there when I know people are feeding them? I suppose the answer is I went there on the off chance I had no intention of putting food down but if they are being fed anyway and I can get pictures like these then please call me a hypocrite.

Red Squirrel. I only saw two in the couple of hours I was there.



Red with a massive walnut, how do they manage to carry them.




Treecreeper. You don’t often see them on the ground.

Treecreeper as you would normally see them.

Chaffinch it looks as though it has something wrong with its right foot.


Female Siskin with what looks like nesting material.

It had a drink and when it flew off it forgot to take the nesting material with it.

Male Siskin

Goldfinch

Having a drink

Nuthatch


Blue Tit


GSW

Coal Tit

Greylag coming in to land
 

No comments:

Post a Comment