Thursday 28 May 2020

Kibblesworth

I had another look around Bowes Valley Nature Reserve a couple of days ago. There were a few more Dragons around this time.

Four-spotted Chaser




Broad-bodied Chaser




A newly emerged Black-tailed Skimmer


Mating Azure Damselfly

Two’s company three’s a crowd

Newly emerged Damselfly

My first Large Skipper of the year

My first Dingy Skipper of the year

Small Heath

Green-veined White

One from the trap in the garden the other night Clouded Bordered Brindle

The next four are from out and about this one is Silver-ground Carpet

A Wave moth but not sure which

Common Carpet moth

Garden Grass Veneer (I think)

It took loads of shots before I got one of this small Hoverfly in focus (it was only about 5mm long) 
 

2 comments:

  1. More crackers Ron, your emerged Emperor looks to be a Black-tailed Skimmer, quite an early emergence for our area, probably due to the warm spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers again Alan. I didn’t even think of Black-tailed Skimmer because I though it was too early for them.

    ReplyDelete