Monday 29 June 2020

Cuckoo

When I first saw this bird land on the fence I thought it was a Woodpigeon (it was quite a distance away). However, something about the bird said to me to take a shot and I’m pleased I did as it wasn’t a Woodpigeon it was a Cuckoo a bird I didn’t expect to see when I paid another visit to Kibblesworth. What I was hoping to see was an Emperor Dragonfly and I wasn’t disappointed at least four were on the wing.

Cuckoo

It wasn’t calling so as it was a hot day I presume it is panting to loose heat.




Emperor Dragonfly. It’s early in the season so I’m hoping to get better flight shots later on.’


In the hour or so I was there I saw the Emperor land only twice and it wasn’t close enough to get any decent shots.


Record shots of a Female Emperor in flight.


There were a few Four-spotted Chasers around.



However I saw only one Black-tailed Skimmer.

A pair of Little Grebe were feeding chicks.


A spider was patiently waiting for something to come close.

Male Banded Demoiselle on the stream at Ravensworth


Female Banded Demoiselle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment