Sunday 2 August 2020

Dragonflies

I have been to a couple of different sites for Dragonflies over the past few days. One a new site for me was Oakenshaw the other was Kibblesworth Brick Works.

This Four-spotted Chaser was minding its own business

When a Common Damselfly landed on it.

It quickly flicked it off

This male Broad-bodied Chaser was also minding its own business

Then a fly landed on its wing

This was the best I could manage of an Emperor Dragonfly in flight at Oakenshaw

The best I could manage of an Emperor in flight at Kibblesworth


Silhouetted Four-spotted Chaser


Four-spotted Chaser in flight


Male Common Darter (I thought at first it was a Ruddy Darter)

Female Common Darter in flight

Female Common Darter

Male basking in the sun

Female against the light

Male in flight


Tandem pair
 

No comments:

Post a Comment