Monday 3 May 2021

Here are a few first…

 …of the year for me.

My first Barn Owl of the year and it is standing on one leg dozing in the late afternoon sun.


In the hour and twenty minutes I stood and watched this Barn Owl the only movement it made was this slight movement of its head.


There were two Grasshopper Warblers in some scrubland singing then chasing each other. When they stopped they were not bothered about me so I was able to get some canny images.




Male Blackcap one of three seen.



Three Whitethroats were chasing each other around a small bit of scrub. When I got back to the same spot an hour and a half later there were none.


This Whitethroat has been ringed.


Male Brambling.



My first Common Sandpiper of the year.


Then there were two.


This Little Ringed Plover got too close to a Lapwing nest.


It was quickly seen off.


My first Green-veined White butterfly of the year.


And my first Large White.




No comments:

Post a Comment