Thursday 27 January 2022

Causey Woods

 There have been at least a couple of breeding pair of Dipper on the Causey Burn for a good few years and I have seen and photographed them regularly whatever the season however, over the last couple of months I have failed to see them. I hope they haven’t abandoned this burn whatever the cause maybe. There is a bright side, when I was at the Causey yesterday, I saw at least one pair of Willow Tit, a bird which is apparently declining in numbers, feeding on seeds and small caterpillars. Trying to get pictures of them was, to say the least, challenging they seemed to always be behind twigs and branches.

Willow Tit one of a pair.






A small flock of Long-tailed Tit were also, for a short time, feeding in the same location.

A bird seen regularly at the Causey, Grey Wagtail.

And one from a couple of days ago, a Pheasant which was disturbed by a dog walker.



No comments:

Post a Comment