Friday 5 January 2024

Far Pastures

 2.1.24 There had been reports of a Water Rail at Far Pastures and as I haven’t been in ages, I thought I would check it out. Unfortunately, I didn’t spot any Water Rail or much else for that matter however the antics of a Heron kept me entertained for a while. Once again, the carpark and the lane were quite productive.

Heron busy sitting.

It got its eye on something

And flew across the pond


It made a right pig’s ear out of landing on a post


But after a bit of effort, it managed

Gave its self a shake 

Then posed in typical Heron fashion.

The only other birds on the pond were Teal.

Another heron was stalking the field opposite the carpark.

In the carpark were a couple of Nuthatch.


Greenfinch. I normally don’t like to photograph birds on feeders however on this occasion I didn’t have a choice.

Siskin.

Reed Bunting.

Blackbird.

The resident Kestrel.

A fly over Sparrowhawk.

Goldfinch. It’s a rubbish shot but it’s the only one I got.

And (another rubbish shot) Great-spotted Woodpecker.


No comments:

Post a Comment