Monday 19 February 2024

Lizard

18.02.24 I haven’t been out with the camera for ages so I thought I would do my first official insect hunt of the year at Burdon Moor. Unfortunately, I saw more dead Shieldbugs than live ones and only saw four 7-spot Ladybirds. However, the star of the show was undoubtedly the first Lizard I have seen at Burdon Moor in years and I nearly walked past it as I thought it was a small dog turd. It was worth all the aches and pains I have now (legs still not good) to see it. 

Lizard sunning itself on the grass. I carried on walking down the line after I took this shot.

But it was still in the same spot, despite a few dog walkers passing by, when I returned.

Gorse Shieldbug.

Infected Gorse Shieldbug. I saw quite a few of these.


7-spot Ladybird.

Drone Fly? Sitting on the information board.



No comments:

Post a Comment