Thursday 28 March 2024

Burdon Moor

 27.03.24 A slow steady mid-afternoon walk around Burdon Moor with my wife (she said she enjoyed it even though it rained mid-way through the walk). I didn’t find what I was hoping for but we still saw some canny wildlife.

Female Roe Deer.

Male Roe Deer.

Male and female.


It’s amazing how far and high they can jump when they are being chased

Female.

Or chasing.

Male in almost the same spot.


I think this is a third Roe Deer she had just emerged from the long grass after the rain and looks rather forlorn.

Little Egret which we spooked as we walked by the top pond. I put it out on Bird Guides that I had seen one but for some reason it didn’t show up. That’s the second time it has happened.


Female Stonechat.

Male Stonechat. He was chasing the female all over.

Meadow Pipit.

Quite a few Curlew were flying around the fields.

Heron.

I haven’t a clue what this Crow is eating but it seems to be enjoying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment