Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Norfolk part seven

 We have just been reconnected to the internet after nearly a week of not having a connection so I am posting the last of the Blogs from our holiday in Norfolk. As we enjoyed our day at Strumpshaw Fen we went back on our last day to see what else we could find. I must thank the two gentlemen who pointed us in the right direction to see the Fen Raft Spider, which is a first for me. I really enjoyed our holiday however I was a bit disappointed with the lack of insects we found. I don’t know why but I was expecting to find insects in Norfolk that we don’t get in the North East having said that I would definitely go back.

My first Fen Raft Spider.


I was lucky to see not one but two.


A distant Bearded Tit.


Brimstone Butterfly.

This little fly landed on the butterflies antenna

And stayed there for a while.

A second Brimstone was nearby.

A Hummingbird Hawkmoth was feeding on a Buddleia.




Ruddy Darter.

Common Darter.

Scarce Chaser.

The only half decent shot I managed of a Brown Hawker.

If I’m correct and this is a Small Red-eyed Damselfly it’s a first for me.

Azure Damselfly.

Common Blue Damselfly.

Damselfly.

I think this is Volucella inanis a Wasp Mimic Hoverfly.

Harlequin Ladybird.


A second Harlequin.

Ant?

Great White Egret.



Moorhen with a Dragonfly.

Sedge Warbler in amongst the reeds.

Back at the cottage this Holly Blue Butterfly was on the ivy.


This Marsh Harrier flew over the cottage while I was taking pictures of the Holly Blue.



No comments:

Post a Comment