Tuesday 14 April 2015

Far Pastures

I have not been to Far Pastures for weeks so I had a drive down the other day. Numerous Swallows, House Martins and Sand Martins were flying around the carpark so spring looks as though it has definitely sprung. Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff were singing in the hedge along the road as was the bird I went to Far Pastures to see a Blackcap. Alan (The Dragon hunter diaries) was also looking for it and it certainly gave us the run around. It was very mobile and strangely enough, sounded very much like a Garden Warbler, one rubbish picture was all I could manage. The rain came so I headed home but while driving along the road from the carpark I came across a Kestrel perched up on a dead tree. I have seen it on this tree on a number of occasions but have never managed to get any pictures of it. I was lucky this time.

Swallow

House Martin

Blackcap (rubbish shot but best I got)

Kestrel preening in the rain


Oh for blue sky

Grey and high ISO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment