Thursday 11 May 2017

A trip out West

Leighton Moss on Monday. I saw only one Marsh Harrier while I was there but three Spoonbills was a bonus but I somehow made a mess of taking pictures of them. It was great to see so many Avocets sitting on eggs and the reed beds were alive with Sedge Warblers. A hoped for trip to Gait Barrows proved unsuccessful, I could not find it. Not strictly true, I arrived at the postcode that I found on line from the web site but when I got there, it looked as though it was someone’s house so I was reluctant to park in his or her driveway (I will have to try again hopefully with a different postcode). It was off to Arnside Knott instead where I saw only three Butterflies all afternoon and only managed to get pictures of one of them.

Marsh Harrier



My first Swift of the year

Some not very good images of one of the Spoonbill




Pair of nesting Avocet

Another pair

Sedge Warbler


Brimstone
 

No comments:

Post a Comment