Thursday 14 June 2018

Lake District Part 1...

…and not a landscape image in site. In no particular order, here are just some of the wildlife and flowers seen in a long weekend in the Lake District.

Female Beautiful Demoiselle


Male Beautiful Demoiselle

Common Carpet Moth

Feathered Thorn Moth

Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary

While taking pictures of the above butterfly my wife said she had seen a large bird fly into a tree. She thought it was a Wood Pigeon and I did not even think other wise. However when the bird flew out of the tree it was not a Woody but a Tawny Owl. I managed a rubbish shot of it as it flew into a wooded area.

Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary

Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary

Green Tiger Beetle

Female Emperor Dragonfly eating what could be a Shield Bug


Old Crow

Fly Orchid



Brown Argus


Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary

Silver Y Moth

Angle Shades Moth

Female Common Blue Damselfly (I think) eating what looks like a moth

I think this flower is called Fox & Cubs or Orange Hawk Weed. Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment