Thursday 11 August 2022

Twizell Woods.

 My wife and I had a walk through Twizell Woods last month to visit the ponds there for dragonfly. There are five small ponds and to be honest it was a bit of a shock when we arrived because nearly all of them had dried up and this was on the 18th of last month. We haven’t had an appreciable rain since then so what they are like now is anybody’s guess. I will try and get back in the next days to see what they are like.

Southern Hawker.

It would not hover long enough to get any decent shots.

These are all grab shots as it flew passed me.


Common Darter.

Common Darter head on.

Emerald Damselfly.

Black-and-Yellow Longhorn Beetle.

Green Shieldbug.

Clubbed General Soldier fly.

A couple of Green-veined White and a Large White butterfly taking minerals from the decaying vegetation.

Meadow Brown butterfly.

Silver Y moth.

Not sure what these species of fly they are but I caught them mating.


No comments:

Post a Comment