Tuesday 2 May 2023

Grey-headed Lapwing

 I could not resist heading for Low Newton today for Britain’s first Grey-headed Lapwing a bird usually found in Asia. I arrived at Low Newton only to be told the bird had flown north just as I was walking to the spot where it had been found. I and a few other birders hung around just in case it returned to the same spot however word came through that it had been re-found at Long Nanny so off we went. When we got there it was showing very distantly (I think the phrase is “good scope views were had”) but I took some pictures anyway. I’m still way behind with my other stuff but I just had to post these first.

100% crop and still small in the frame.

Oystercatcher on the left Grey-headed Lapwing on the right.

One of the local Crows checking it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment