Tuesday 15 August 2023

From the garden

 Since my knee operation I haven’t been anywhere with my camera except the garden and it’s thanks to my wife that I have anything at all. She was the one who spotted the Sparrowhawk sitting on the chair, found the first ever Shieldbug in our garden and watched with me as a young Blackbird was getting fed. The only things that were not taken through double glazing are the insects.

The female Sparrowhawk has been back in the garden. This was taken through two lots of double glazing (kitchen and conservatory) and she was sitting in the rain.


I moved into the conservatory to try and get a little closer.

However, as soon as I did she flew into the tree.


My first ever Shieldbug in the garden is a Hairy Shieldbug.

Not sure what this is but unfortunately it is the only image I was able to get.

Juvenile Blackbird from a second brood.

Waiting to be fed.

Eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment