Wednesday 26 August 2015

Kibblesworth

Once again, I have dipped another Wryneck this time at Whitburn Coastal Park. I also dipped a Greenish Warbler, which was at the same place both would have been lifers. A while ago I remember someone saying to me “you should go out and find your own birds” but looking back I have found my own birds the problem now is I cant even find other peoples birds.

After a bit of bait I decided to go to Kibblesworth for Dragonflies. I‘m pleased I did because I managed to get my best flight shots so far of a few different Dragonflies. Also, saw my first Painted Lady of the year and my first Damselflies for a while. Not a bad afternoon. Sorry here are quite a few pictures I just hope I have the identification right.


Common Hawker

Common Hawker

Common Hawker

Common Hawker

Common Hawker

Southern Hawker

Southern Hawker

Southern Hawker & Brown Hawker.
Not brilliantly sharp but I had to use manual focus to get the shot.
 
Brown Hawker & Four-spotted Chaser. Once again manual focus.

All of the Brown Hawker shots were taken using manual focus.

Brown Hawker

Brown Hawker 
Common Darter


Common Darter
Common Darter
Common Darter
Common Darter in tandem
Common Blue Damselfly
Painted Lady
Painted Lady
Painted Lady
Peacock
Small Heath



 














 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! if that Brown Hawker's at Kibblesworth that's a site first as far as I know, and the first in Gateshead probably this century. Cracking find Ron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS some beautiful shots by the way :-)

      Delete
    2. PPS Do you mind if I put one of your pics on my blog, and Twitter ? (with credit and link of course). Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the comment Alan. I didn’t know what the Dragonfly was when I took the shots, I just thought it was a female of some species. It was not until I look at some image on line that I found out what it was. By all means please put a pic on your blog.

    ReplyDelete