Sunday 11 August 2019

More Dragons

Another trip to Kibblesworth this time to see if any Hawkers were around unfortunately I didn’t see any while I was there but I believe they were seen later in the day. I haven’t seen Brian S in ages so it was nice to catch up and have a bit of crack. After Kibblesworth it was onto Rainton Meadows for Brown Hawker but once again I didn‘t see any.

A recently emerged Common Darter.

There was loads of Common Darter at Kibblesworth.

Here is a mating pair.

Common Darter.

In tandem.

Female laying eggs.

Female laying eggs.

Male Banded Demoiselle.

I only saw two female Banded Demoiselles.

Male in flight.

At least six males were patrolling their territory.




Two males disputing their territory.


Ruddy Darters in tandem. This was the only female I saw.


Male Ruddy Darter.



Diplolepis rosae common name Robin's Pincushion
 

No comments:

Post a Comment