Monday 26 September 2022

Causey Woods.

I have just got back from a week’s holiday in Scotland but unfortunately there won’t be any pictures because, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, I forgot to take my camera. When I say I forgot my camera I did take a camera (and a range of lenses) but it didn’t have any batteries in it because the batteries were in the camera I forgot because that’s the one I use most often. I did try and get batteries while I was up in Scotland but I couldn’t find a shop that had them in stock. It was only when we were at Argaty Red Kites that I missed not having a camera.

Anyway, enough of that. This morning I had a walk around the Causey Woods looking for Dipper on the burn. I only saw one but managed to get some images. It was quite dark so it meant high ISO and lens, at times, wide open. A couple of Grey Wagtail were also feeding up and down the burn as were a few Robins and Wrens. While I was taking pictures of a Robin, I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye, it turned out to be a Tawny Owl catching something in amongst the bracken. By the time I got my camera to my eye it had flown off with whatever it had caught into a Holly bush so no pictures.   

Dipper.






Grey Wagtail.





Robin singing its heart out.


Another Robin this time just hanging about.

It was so dark on the bank side of the burn this is the only half decent picture I got of a Wren.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment