Tuesday 25 October 2022

Bugs & Birds

 Another walk around Burdon Moor yesterday (24th) and this time the sun was out but the birds were not. I should have known when the sun shines there is a possibility of Shieldbugs however I only had my 500mm lens with me but I still managed a few shots. I finished off with a walk along the burn in the Causey Wood in the hope of seeing Dippers, they were a no show.

A couple of Gorse Shieldbugs enjoying the sun.

Single Gorse Shieldbug.

Another two on the autumn leaves of a blackberry bush.

7-spot Ladybird.

I thought it was about to take off when it opened its wing casing but it just stretched its abdomen

Raised it up

Then stretched its wings but did not fly off.

Female Blackbird eating berries.

Magpie.

Grey Wagtail at the Causey.


Robin.


No comments:

Post a Comment