Sunday 9 October 2022

Burdon Moor

 It has been a while since I have been to Burdon Moor but as the weather was canny yesterday, I thought I would go on a bug hunt. Here are a few of the bugs and other wildlife I found.

Common Green Shieldbug.

Hairy Shieldbug.

Gorse Shieldbug.

Another Gorse Shieldbug one of five in this part of the gorse bush.

A small Blue/Black Beetle.

7-spot Ladybird.

There were still a number of Common Darters around.

Eupeodes luniger Hoverfly.

A Wasp cleaning itself.

An Orb-weaver Spider.

I often wondered why flies blow bubbles but now I know they do it to cool down isn’t nature brilliant?

Kestrel.


One of two Buzzards flying over the wood.

The second one.


Rook. I thought they were just black but when the light catches them, they are all sorts of colours.

This Gull intrigued me, I think it is a Herring Gull, but I am not sure.

I had the wrong setting on the camera when I took this shot of the Thrush, but it’s not too bad.

Not the best specimens of Toadstools you are likely to see but I thought I would take a couple of shots. 



2 comments:

  1. Nice selection Ron. We were planning to go there Saturday but had to postpone to Sunday when it was cold and windy, so didn't see much. The gull is a bit of a strange one but that's where my ID skills end I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete