Wednesday 11 January 2023

Far Pastures

A couple of days ago I had a drive down to Far Pastures. The last time I was in the hide there wasn’t a great deal on the ponds and it was the same this time. Apart from a Little Grebe and a few Teal there was nothing else of note. However, the carpark and the lane proved productive with all the usual suspects around. I particularly enjoyed the interaction between a couple of Heron which I wish now I had filmed. 

I found this Heron sitting in the field looking around as if something was going to happen.

For some reason it seemed uneasy and it flew to a different spot in the field. 

It was still uneasy and this time turned its head right around until it was nearly in a knot then slowly turned its body to point in the same direction as its head. I have never seen this happen before it was like something out of the Exorcist.

It was right to be uneasy, another Heron flew in and landed close by.

It took exception to this and flew toward the intruder.

There was a bit of a dispute.

It then chased the intruder off.




I saw it (the intruder) later sitting in another field.

In the sky above a Red Kite was on the lookout for lunch.

I’m pleased I wasn’t on the menu.


On the pond a Little Grebe was catching fish.

And in the carpark Siskin were drinking from the puddles.


Along the lane were a couple of Willow Tit.


Nuthatch.

Goldfinch.

Robin.

Blackbird.

Goldcrest.

And Treecreeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment