Saturday 28 January 2023

In and around the village

 I stayed relatively local once again yesterday (27th) to see what was about and found my first Shieldbugs of the year. Here’s what else I saw.

Redwing.

Wren.


One of three Shieldbugs I found trouble is I only had my 500mm lens with me.

A second Shieldbug. I didn’t get any of the third one it was too well hidden in the gorse.

Pink Feet (I think) flying in V formation.

This Kestrel was against the light and flying too quickly to get a decent shot.

G-KNEK was flying from Scunthorpe to Newcastle when it flew above me.

This was taken on the 26th at Burdon Moor. I was alerted to its presence by the noise some Crows were making. At first when I saw the colour I thought “get in it’s a fox” but sadly not. Now I’m a cat lover but I hope this is the first and last time I see a cat at Burdon Moor otherwise the ground nesting birds are likely to be hit.


No comments:

Post a Comment