Tuesday 4 April 2023

Far Pastures

 It’s always nice to get to Far Pastures once in a while just to see what is about. The pond as usual wasn’t that busy but love was in the air for one pair.

Reed Bunting.

Long-tailed Tit.

One of the Greylags was up for a fight.


While a pair of Teal were up for something else.


I’d been hearing and seeing Chiffchaff at work for over a week before I got my first picture of one at Far Pastures.

I heard at least four individuals.

These little Goldcrest never sit still for long.

Siskin.

Siskin among the blossom.

It was while I was trying to get a better position to get pictures of the Siskin that I looked to my right and saw this Kestrel sitting in the tree, it seemed to sit there for ages.


It eventually flew a short distance to sis on this small twig. Against a clear blue sky, I could not resist taking loads of images. 


Four Red Kites were circling the fields I got shots at at least two.







I was walking back to the car park and the Kestrel was sitting in another tree however this time with sun almost directly behind it. I think it’s come out alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment