Friday 14 April 2023

Three Hides

 Clara Vale, Thornley Woods and Far Pastures were the three hides I visited about ten days ago now. No Kingfisher at Clara but a couple of Roe Deer came so close I could only get head shots. I might only have got shots of a Nuthatch at Thornley but the bacon sandwich and coffee at the visitor centre were very reasonably priced (the bacon sandwich was delicious). And there is nearly always something to photograph at Far Pastures.

A couple of Redwing showed well at Clara Vale.


As did a couple of Roe Bucks. I have seen this male before I recognise it because it has something wrong with its eye.


A second Roe Buck. There was another buck and a female however they were at the far end of the pond in the reeds and I did not get any decent shots of them.

Male Yellowhammer.


A pair of Yellowhammer.

Stock Dove.

Nuthatch at Thornley Woods.

A Greylag Goose looking inquisitive at Far Pastures.

A pair of Canada Geese were also on the pond at Far Pastures.



Female Tufted Duck.

Male Tufted Duck.

Red Kite carrying a leaf which is hopefully nesting material.

Red Kite with wing tag H.

This Red Kite looks as though it has a radio transmitter on its back.

Long-tailed Tit.

Willow Tit.

Reed Bunting.

My first Butterfly of the year a Peacock.

Mistle Thrush.


No comments:

Post a Comment