Thursday 1 June 2023

Up around the Durham Moors

 My wife and I had a drive around the Durham Moors looking for Cuckoo. We did hear at least two but unfortunately, we didn’t see any. Here is what we did see.

Red-legged Partridge. This is my favourite image so far this year.

We saw a few Curlew up on the Moors.


Some with chicks.






Lapwing.


This one did not like the Pheasant hanging around its nest site.


Lapwing chick.

Pheasant chick.


Male Red Grouse.

Female Red Grouse.

Meadow pipit on gorse.

Another on a stone wall.

And yet another on heather.


Weevil.


We only saw one Green Hairstreak Butterfly.

Probably the Caterpillar of a moth but not sure which one.

Micro Moth.

The Greylags have done well this year, there were even more goslings than there are here.

A couple of gulls that I can’t identify. I’ve been through my books and I’m still none the wiser.



1 comment: