Monday 15 April 2024

Don’t get me on about dog walkers

06.04.24 These were taken over a couple of days when I was out and about locally. I’d seen a couple of Brown Hare one late afternoon running around and sitting together but unfortunately no boxing action. So, a couple of days later I thought I would go to the same place to see if I could find them again. There were five or six chasing each other around and I thought I was going to be in for a good night. I got my self tucked into the bottom of a hedge and started to take some shots. Just as it was getting interesting out of nowhere came a black Labrador and the Hares scattered. I asked one of the three people that it was with if they would put it on a lead, which they did after the second attempt, but by then it was too late. Anyway, enough of my rant here are some of the images I did get. 

Brown Hare having a run around.

Busy sitting.

When I went out on the second night, I came across the Barn Owl coming back with its prey. I hung around for a while but unfortunately it didn’t come back. 

One of the Hare coming straight at me.

This is when I thought I was going to be in for a good night.





This is just when the dog arrived.


On the way back to the car I came across a Heron sitting in the flash pond.

It flew off as I approached.



Not something I usually see locally, an Oystercatcher.


No comments:

Post a Comment