Thursday 11 April 2024

The Dales

 30.03.24 A drive up to the Dales with my wife for Wheatear and Ring Ouzel and whatever else was around. We found Wheatear but sadly no Ring Ouzel (I’m going back) however, there was still some canny wildlife was to be seen.

A pair of Wheatear.


Female Wheatear.

Male Wheatear. They both kept looking to the sky





The only thing flying over was a Buzzard.




Wren singing its little heart out.



Some rubbish images taken against the light of what I at first thought was a Medow Pipit but now I’m not sure. It seems to be very Yellow in places could it be a Tree Pipit or is that stretching it too far.



This to me is how a Meadow Pipit should look.


Pied Wagtail.

I don’t know who was startled the most me or the Partridge.

Brown Hare enjoying the sun.

Another one enjoying the grass.

Some very distant Black Grouse.

A heavy crop of the Grouse.

Another very distant bird this time a Raven.


No comments:

Post a Comment