Friday 5 April 2024

Take offs and landings

 29.03.24 NT Gibside with the family on Good Friday for a stroll along the avenue to the Octagon Pond. I have never taken as many pictures of Mallards as I did here, they were fighting, taking off and landing, it was canny to watch.

Female taking off.



Male doing the same

Male coming in to land.

Touch down.

It just makes you want to go weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee doesn’t it (or is that just me).

But no sooner had he landed then he was being attacked

And made to take off again.

A couple of Little Grebe were also on the pond hopefully there might be even littler ones soon.


A couple of distant Buzzards were flying over the estate.



My first butterfly of the year.

Roe Buck. I’m seem to be seeing these everywhere at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment