Monday 12 June 2023

Garden Visitors

 While I was sitting in the conservatory a few days ago watching a Blackbird feed its chick I thought I would take some pictures of the other birds that come into our garden. Unfortunately, we don’t get the range of birds that we did Blue Tits, Great Tits, Greenfinch, and other small bird even Chaffinch are all absent. The images here were all shot through the double glazing so some are a bit soft.

This Sparrowhawk flew into the garden while I was watching a Blackbird feed its chick.

It put everything up for a while however they soon returned when it flew off.

The reason I was in the conservatory, Blackbird with lunch.

One of the Blackbird chicks.

Female House Sparrow.

Male House Sparrow showing off to a female.

One of the House Sparrow chicks.

The most prolific bird in the garden is the Starling.

There are dozens of them.

This chick can’t make its mind up as to what it has caught.

This one has caught a beetle while the adult looks on.

And then this happened. I have never seen a Starling sit like this before and it was sitting like this for a while. I don’t know if is some sort of threatening or defensive posture.

Chick begging for food.

I have captioned this “walk this way”

Collared Dove.

Jackdaws.

Take off.

Crow.

Magpie with dodgy eyes.

This Magpie seems to be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment