Friday 1 December 2023

Waxwings

 28.11.23 Right place right time. On the way to Tesco in Annfield Plain to do some shopping on the 26th I noticed that some of the berries had been stripped from the top of a small tree in a garden. I had seen a post on X about Waxwings in the area so a couple of days later I thought I would go and have a look just in case. I was just driving past the tree when a couple of Waxwing flew off it. I parked up and waited for the Waxwings to come back. They did and once again (as you can see) I took far too many pictures.

Just a few of the Waxwings at Dipton the other day.






















There was also a single Fieldfare in the tree and it wasn’t happy about the Waxwings pinching its berries.




2 comments:

  1. Another cracking selection, I think I must be the only person in the northeast who hasn't seen any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Alan, I know what you mean I felt like I was the only that hadn’t seen the Short-eared Owls.

    ReplyDelete