Wednesday 8 July 2020

Bishop Middleham & Wingate part 2

My target butterflies at Bishop Middleham Quarry were Brown & Northern Brown Argus unfortunately I didn't find many. At Wingate Quarry, my target butterfly was Marbled White and I wasn't disappointed there were quite a few willing to pose for the camera. Here are some images of said butterflies and others that I managed to photograph too.

Marbled White. I wondered what was going on here because when I checked the image on the camera I noticed something between the wings of the butterfly.

It wasn’t until I changed positions that I saw what was happening, I’d caught a pair mating.

They changed positions a few times.


Marbled White



Brown Argus

Brown Argus

I’m not sure whether or not this is a Northern Brown Argus

Female Common Blue

Male Common Blue

Large Skipper



Small Skipper

Ringlet

Small Heath

A different Small Heath

Meadow Brown

Small Tortoiseshell
 

2 comments:

  1. Marbled White at Bishop Middleham??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Michael I will have to do a quick edit on this post. I got them the wrong way around didn’t I.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete