Thursday 23 July 2020

Garden Moths

Over the past few weeks I have had the moth trap out in the garden. I don’t think I have had anything rare or special but it is always a delight to open it and find out what‘s inside. This is just a small selection of the moths that have been in the trap.

Light Emerald

Peppered Moth

Dark Arches

Heart & Dart

Straw Dot

Common Rustic

I think these two are both Common Rustic

By far the most species of moth I have had in the trap have been Large Yellow Underwing

Large Yellow Underwing

Double Square-spot

Small Dusty Wave


Willow Beauty
 

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure that's a pug Ron? Has the look of a Willow Beauty which would be much larger. I like the new header photo, it's looking right at yer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan I should have looked more closely.

    ReplyDelete