Saturday 4 July 2020

Far Pastures

I had a drive down to Far Pastures the other day. While the hide is closed, I thought I would have a walk up the lane looking for Red Kites. I didn’t see one Kite while I was there which is unusual however; I did see a couple of Roe Deer and a few of the smaller birds in the bushes either side of the lane.

This male Roe Deer had its eye on something

And this is what it was, a female, which it chased around the field. At one point they came straight toward me.

They both jumped a fence into a wood and were lost to sight.

I picked them up again in another field where the female was quite happily feeding

It got its eye on the male again


The female then started to walk toward the wood again

The male came a little closer

And chased it into the woods again.



This Whitethroat was in the scrub along the lane



Chiffchaff

Wren

I haven’t a clue where this Magpie got the biscuit


I had a go at trying to get the Swallows hawking across the field, without much success

 

No comments:

Post a Comment