Sunday 30 August 2020

Isle of Mull part 4

It’s not only the larger birds of prey or the Otters I enjoy taking pictures of when I’m on Mull, the smaller birds and insects are just as interesting.

White-tailed Eagles


Large crops on these images because I was looking for insects and butterflies when I came across these Razorbills feeding. Unfortunately, I had a shorter focal length lens on the camera than I needed.






The Terns were trying to steal the fish from the Razorbills.


A couple of young Whinchat’s

Whinchat

This one did not like its sibling hanging around


Final instar Gorse Shield bug

Final instar Gorse Shield bug

Gorse Shield bug

We were sitting on Calgary beach when this Forest Bug landed on me. I put it down into the grass where it climbed up to the top.



We could not believe it when a few minutes later another one landed on my wife

Small Copper butterfly

Scotch Argus butterfly

Hoverfly Sericomyia silentis
 

3 comments:

  1. Both final instar gorse SB your nymphs Ron, excellent photos though, and how good was it seeing those eagles in the tree like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Alan. I looked at the link you sent me on Shield Bugs and I still get them wrong lol. Every year I go on holiday to Mull the Eagles have been in those trees and I never tire of seeing them.

    ReplyDelete