Saturday 20 January 2024

Bewick’s Swans

 15.01.24 I can’t believe its five days since my wife and I went to Lampton Pool to see the three Bewick’s Swans. We parked in James Steel Country Park and walked to the pool and just as we arrived at the fence from where you could view them the Swans were unfortunately flying away from us, or so I thought. In fact, they turned back towards the pool and as the pool was frozen, they landed on the ice. However, they were too far away for any decent images but I was still able to get some record shots.

Bewick’s Swans which I thought flying away.

However, they flew back to the pool.

Record shots of one them on the ice.

One of them having a wing flap.


I never did get the three of them together with their heads out of the water.

The three Bewick’s with a family of Mute Swans.

I went for a short walk with the camera after we had been to Lampton and had a fly over Red Kite.



Yellowhammer.

And Goldcrest.



No comments:

Post a Comment