Tuesday 16 January 2024

Just four (five) birds

 13.01.24 Another walk around Burdon Moor on a cold and grey day and only two birds of note, Buzzard and Kestrel. Then a drive to see if I could find the Little Owl in its usual spot, I hit lucky I found two. It was even darker when I eventually got to the Causey Woods for the Dipper but don’t get me started on dog walkers letting their dogs run around in the burn chasing the Dipper from one place to another.

A pale Buzzard over Burdon Moor.


This Kestrel was quite happy to sit for me while I took its picture.



It did however fly of when a walker passed by on the other side of the loop.

One of the two Little Owls.



The second.



Dipper doing what Dippers do.

It did eventually settle and I was able to get some images.





No comments:

Post a Comment