Tuesday 19 March 2024

Burdon Moor

 16.03.24 Just lately I’ve been full of aches and pains (hopefully it will be sorted soon) and haven’t been able to get out with the camera as much as I would have liked. However, I have been that sick of sitting in the house I persuaded my wife to have a walk around Burdon Moor to look for insects (I certainly know how to show her a good time) the other day. We didn’t see much in the way of insects but there were a few Buzzards flying around and it was nice to see a Lizard again.

Lizard in about the same place as I saw it the last time I was there.


Common Green Shieldbug in its winter colours.

Gorse Shieldbug.

Another Gorse Shieldbug after an attack by the parasitic fungus Beauveria bassiana. It wasn’t until last year that I came across this but I have seen quite a few like this now.

There were a few 7-spot ladybirds around.

But not many flies.

I counted at least six Buzzards while we were there.

I managed to capture three of them.




This lucky shot is the only one I managed to get of a Goldcrest that was flitting about in a tree.

Long-tailed Tit.

Wren.

As I was driving back into the village, I could see a couple of Red Kite flying around.

 They were still flying around as I pulled up onto the drive and I was able to get some images.







2 comments:

  1. Does you good to get out and about Ron, sorry you've not been feeling too good, hope it soon passes. Hasn't affected your photography skills anyhow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan. What is it they say “keep taking the tablets” hopefully it will be sorted soon and I will be back out again with the camera on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete