Monday, 6 July 2026

Wingate Quarry.

 After a visit to Bishop Middleham, we then went onto Wingate Quarry. Not many Marbled White out but I did manage to get some images of the two we saw. On the way back home, we stopped off at Chester-le-Street in the hope of seeing White-letter Hairstreak I was lucky enough to see one.

Marbled White Butterfly.





Blackneck Moth.

Weevils.

Click Beetle.

White-letter Hairstreak.


Large Skipper.


Ringlet.

Yellow Shell Moth.

Garden Grass Veneer.

Possibly Pammene fasciana Moth.

Banded Demoiselle.


Orange Ladybird.

Sawfly.


4 comments:

  1. Your photos of the Marbled White are superb Ron, absolute beauties. I saw a couple down Cambridge last week but couldn't even get a record shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan. We are going to Norfolk shortly and it may be a bit late in the season but I’m hoping to see Swallowtail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, we were just too late when we went a couple of years back (last week of July) but saw plenty of caterpillars at Strumpshaw Fen. Insect life is fantastic down there, especially dragons, looking forward to your photos already. We're off to the Cairngorms this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just looked at the weather forecast for where we a staying and it’s going to rain nearly everyday but fingers crossed it might change. I love that area of Scotland.

    ReplyDelete