Saturday 4 August 2018

Mull Part 4

Buzzards, or as the locals like to call them “Tourist Eagles”, were sitting on posts everywhere. We had one coming into the garden of our second cottage nearly every day however; it would fly off if I tried to get close. Hen Harriers were a different matter I only saw two Ringtails during our stay but I spoke to people who had close encounters with both Male & Ringtails, luck of the draw I suppose. Hooded Crows like the Buzzards were also everywhere.

Buzzard visiting the garden of our cottage






That’s what it thought of me when I tried to get to close

Sitting on a post in a field

On a post by the roadside


Another just flying

We had one hot day during the first week of our holiday and this just happened to coincide with my first sighting of a Hen Harrier. Guess what, the heat haze has ruined the image.

Young Hooded Crow

One of the parent birds

This Hooded Crow was on the harbour wall in Tobermory
 

No comments:

Post a Comment