Sunday 5 August 2018

Mull Part 6

Having searched for Otters throughout our holiday and right around the island it was not until the penultimate day of our stay that I got a close view of one (I had seen one but only at a distance at the very start of the holiday) and it was in the bay outside our cottage. I thought it would never come ashore as it was quite happy to catch food in the seaweed and eat it in the sea. However, it did come onto the shore briefly (it knew I was there as you can see it looking at me from a rock) but something spooked it and it ran back into the sea. I left my camera gear on the rocks (there was no one else around) and ran back to the cottage to get my wife out of bed so she could see it. Unfortunately, it never came out of the sea again, still she was quite happy to watch it swimming around catching food which we did for a couple of hours.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment