Thursday 13 July 2023

Scotland June 2023

 17.06.23 The early morning of our second day was spent around the cottage taking pictures of the Red Squirrels. The rest of the day was spent near Loch Garten looking for Dragonflies and Damselflies.

Red Squirrel.




Juvenile Robin.

Male White-faced Darter.

A pair of White-faced Darter.

There were a few around.

Male hovering.

A male Northern Damselfly.

A pair of Northern Damselfly.

Common Blue Damselfly.

 Blue-tailed Damselfly.

I have never seen as many Four-spotted Chasers as I did on a small pool near Loch Garten there were hundreds of them.


Bumblebee Robberfly.

Mason Wasp Sp.

“Cucumber” Spider?

While we near Loch Garten we visited a small lochan where Slavonian Grebes have been known to breed. I won’t get on my soap box about what happened but I did manage a shot of one of the chicks.


2 comments:

  1. Great to see those White-faced darters and Northern damsels, 10 years since I was up there visiting the same pools (I remember seeing 100s of Four-spots too). Intrigued as to what happened at the Slav Grebe site tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan. We will have to have a catch up looking for dragons and I will let you know what happened.

    ReplyDelete