Thursday 9 November 2023

Waxwing

 There are hundreds of Waxwing in the country at the moment and I was lucky enough to catch up with some at Waldridge a couple of days ago. While I was there in the morning there was only one bird and it was quite approachable. A couple of dog walkers walked underneath the tree it was in and there was even a family playing with a ball and the Waxwing wasn’t bothered it just sat there eating berries. It eventually flew off so I left. However, I went back in the afternoon and after a short wait three Waxwing turned up. These three were very flighty so flighty that a Goldfinch spooked them and they were off and did not return.

Waxwing.














There was also a couple of Redwing making the most of all the berries.


I spotted a flock of Thrushes flying over and I thought they had landed in the top of a tree so I went to have a look. I didn’t fine the Thrushes but I spooked this Buzzard which I hadn’t seen sitting in a tree.

This Sparrowhawk was getting mobbed by some Crows.


No comments:

Post a Comment